Annual "Taste of Temecula Valley"
Spotlights Area Restaurants, Wineries, & Breweries
to Benefit Local Schools
Sponsored by the Temecula Valley Foundation for Excellence in Education (TVFEE), the Taste of Temecula Valley (TOTV) is held annually, rain or shine, on the last Saturday of April, located at Town Square in front of Temecula City Hall, Old Town Temecula. This event combines live performances from local and nationally-known entertainers with an opportunity to sample Temecula Valley’s finest foods, wines, and beers. Admission is $10 per person for ages 13+; children 12 and under are FREE. Each paid admission includes a complimentary “taste” ticket or commemorative wine glass. Guests may purchase additional “taste” tickets for $2 each and may stroll among a variety of booths to sample the best from area wineries, restaurants, microbreweries, and specialty vendors.
“Then, as now, we’re holding the Taste of Temecula Valley for the kids,” said Chairman Mark Katan. “This event is good for our local economy, and it benefits students in our district. With budget cuts and funding shortfalls, our schools need community support now more than ever,” he added. “The foundation’s goal is to alleviate the fundraising burden from parents and administrators by planning events that benefit all schools in the Temecula district. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law, and monies raised will support education in the arts, sciences, and technology – areas that otherwise will suffer further decline,” Katan said.
The event actually has a history dating back more than 20 years. In the late 1980s, a food and wine tasting event was championed by the Community Recreation Center Building Foundation, resulting in the construction of the Temecula Community Recreation Center (CRC), now part of the 128-acre Ronald Reagan Sports Park. By resurrecting the popular taste event, TVFEE is following in its footsteps, this time targeting funding to benefit students in all TVUSD schools.
TVFEE is an all-volunteer, 501(c) 3 nonprofit corporation. For more information on sponsorship, booth space, or volunteer opportunities, contact Katan at (951) 283-5305. TOTV tickets are made available in late March/beginning of April through the Old Town Community Theater Box Office.
"Taste of Temecula Valley" Event Overview
- Held annually on the last Saturday of April.
- Tickets available at the gate or at the Old Town Temecula Theater Ticket Box Office website.
- Event held in front of the Old Town Temecula Civic Center located in Old Town Temecula.
- Admission: $10.00 ages 13+, Children 12 and under FREE.
- Guests 21 and over receive one commemorative tasting glass with each paid admission.
- Guests may purchase additional "tasting" tickets at $2.00 per ticket. Food/Beverage vendors do not accept cash.
- Guests have the opportunity to purchase taste/appetizer portion menu items for $2.00 each or more (tickets) for full-portion menu items.
- Arts & Crafts Vendors accept cash only.
- Vendors will be provided with 10x10 booth for a fee or percentage of sales.
- Event is held rain or shine.
Participating Vendor Benefits include:
- Significant presence at an event drawing thousands of people to one location.
- Company/organization name prominently displayed in all marketing materials and throughout the event.
- High traffic booths
Do you represent an area restaurant, local winery or other wine- or cuisine-related business and would like to participate in this annual event? Please CONTACT US to be placed on our vendor contact list.
Additionally, CONTACT US if you are interested in unique SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES for our annual event.
Taste of Temecula Valley 2014 video courtesy of THE PHOTOGRAPHY SPECIALIST, John Tobin.